Iron Deficiency in Children with Heart Failure | Grand Rounds Oakland
Presented by: Othman Aljohani, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor, Clinical Pediatrics
Pediatric Heart Failure, Cardiomyopathy and Transplantation
Division of Pediatric Cardiology
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals
1. Differentiate iron deficiency from iron deficiency anemia in children with heart failure.
2. Distinguish between absolute and functional iron deficiency.
3. Examine published screening criteria for iron deficiency in children with heart failure.
4. Describe the role of IV iron in patients with heart failure and iron deficiency.
5. Recognize knowledge gaps and areas for research in children with heart failure and iron deficiency.
Contact [email protected] for log-in information