Faculty in the division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine are involved in a variety of ongoing research projects focused on clinical outcomes, medical education and quality improvement. Areas of interest include asthma, physician communication and care hand-offs, patient safety, quality improvement, and global health. The division participates in multicenter collaborative projects through the National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related institutions (NACHRI), the UCSF Division of Adult Hospital Medicine, and the Pediatric Research in Inpatient Settings (PRIS) networks.
Recent Faculty Publications
- Kaiser S, Lam R, Cabana M, Bekmezian A, Bardach N, Auerbach A, Rehm R, & the Pediatric Research in the Inpatient Settings (PRIS) Network. Best practices in implementing inpatient pediatric asthma pathways: A qualitative study. J Asthma. 2019;Apr 25:1-11. View in: Pubmed
- Roberts SC, Jain S, Tremoulet AH, Kim KK, Burns JC, Anand V, Anderson M, Ang J, Ansusinha E, Arditi M, Ashouri N, Bartlett A, Chatterjee A, DeBiasi R, Dekker C, DeZure C, Didion L, Dominguez S, El Feghaly R, Erdem G, Halasa N, Harahsheh A, Jackson MA, Jaggi P, Jain S, Jone PN, Kaushik N, Kurio G, Lillian A, Lloyd D, Manaloor J, McNelis A, Michalik DE, Newburger J, Newcomer C, Perkins T, Portman M, Romero J, Ronis T, Rowley A, Schneider K, Schuster J, Tejtel SKS, Sharma K, Simonsen K, Szmuszkovicz J, Truong D, Wood J, & Yeh S for the KIDCARE Multicenter Study Group. The Kawasaki Disease Comparative Effectiveness (KIDCARE) trial: A phase III, randomized trial of second intravenous immunoglobulin versus infliximab for resistant Kawasaki disease. Contemp Clin Trials. 2019;79:98-103.
- Borman-Shoap E, Li S, St Clair N, Rosenbluth G, Pitt S, Pitt M. Knowing your personal brand: What academics can learn from marketing 101. Acad Med. 2019;Apr 9:doi (epub ahead of print). View in: Pubmed
- Trost M, Potisek N, Seltz L, Rudnick M, Mamey M, Long M, Quigley P. Medical student participation in patient- and family-centered rounding: A national survey of pediatric clerkships. Acad Pediatr. 2019;Jan 11:S1876-2859. View in: Pubmed
- O’Toole J, Starmer A, Calaman S, Campos M, Hepps J, Lopreiato J, Patel S, Rosenbluth G, Schnipper J, Secish T, Srivastava R West D, Yu C, Landrigan C, & Spector N for the I-PASS Study Education Executive Committee. I-PASS mentored implementation handoff curriculum: Champion training materials. MedEdPORTAL. 2019;15:1-7. View in: Pubmed
- Pantell M, De Marchis E, Bueno A, Gottlieb L. Practice capacity to address patients’ social needs and physician satisfaction and perceived quality of care. Ann Fam Med. 2019;17(1):42-45.
- Murray K, Lane J, Carraccio C, Glasgow T, Long M, West D, O’Connor M, Hobday P, Schwartz A, Englander R for the Education in Pediatrics Across the Continuum (EPAC) Study Group. Crossing the gap: Using competency-based assessment to determine whether learners are ready for the undergraduacte-to-graduate transition. Acad Med. Nov 21, 2018. Epub ahead of print. View in: Pubmed
- Carpenter C, Potts B, von Oettingen J, Bonnell R, Sainvil M, Lorgeat V, Mascary M, She X, Jean-Baptiste E, Palfrey S, Woolf A, Palfrey J. Elevated blood lead levels in infants and children in Haiti, 2015. Public Health Rep. Nov 14, 2018. Epub ahead of print. View in: Pubmed
- Kaiser S, Lam R, Joseph G, McCulloch M, Hsia R, Cabana M, Bardach N. Limitations of using pediatric respiratory illness readmissions to compare hospital performance. J Hosp Med. 2018;13(1):737-742. View in: Pubmed
- Baer R, McLemore M, Adler N, Oltman S, Chambers B, Kuppermann M, Pantell M, Rogers E, Ryckman K, Sirota M, Rand L, Jelliffe-Pawlowski L. Pre-pregnancy or first-trimester risk scoring to identify women at high risk of preterm birth. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. Nov 5, 2018. Epub ahead of print. View in: Pubmed
- Rosenbluth G, Destino L, Starmer A, Landrigan C, Spector N, Sectish T, for the I-PASS Campaign Committee. I-PASS handoff program: Use of a campaign to effect transformational changes. Pediatr Qual Saf. 2018;3(4):e088. View in: Pubmed
Get Involved - Current Projects
Questions? Comments? Additions? Please email Matt Pantell at [email protected].