Skip to main content
- Large program with 28 new residents per year.
- Multi-site training facilities consisting of four distinct hospitals and clinics, each representing a unique healthcare delivery system, patient population and educational curriculum.
- Four different inpatient settings including a tertiary/quaternary care children's hospital (UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital), a public/county hospital and trauma center (Zuckerberg San Francisco General), and an HMO Hospital (Kaiser San Francisco).
- Four different continuity clinic sites, three at the above-mentioned hospitals, and one additional site at UCSF/Mount Zion clinics in the Western Addition neighborhood of San Francisco.
- Nationally prominent department with a superb academic profile and a long track record of training leaders in pediatric medicine.
- Integral part of the UCSF School of Medicine, which is ranked among the top five medical schools in the country in both research and primary care (the only school to be ranked in the top 5 in both categories) and ranked second in total NIH research funding.
- Long track record of commitment to education of residents, fellows and medical students.
- Substantial, structured support for residents to promote cohesion and camaraderie such as: Intern Time-Out, Annual Resident/Faculty Retreat, formal teaching seminars/workshops/and web-based curricula, journal clubs/evidence-based medicine conferences/bench-to-bedside translational science seminars/physician-scientist evening seminars
- Resident life committee to plan social events and Big-Sib Mentoring Program
- Faculty advisory/mentoring system
- Jeopardy call system
- Flex program to allow residents to slow down training during second and third years