How To Help
The realization of the Newborn Brain Research Institute's promise requires the support of philanthropic visionaries. Imagine a world without cerebral palsy and free of the growing newborn neurological issues that so often lead to lifelong developmental issues and medical conditions.
- To pioneer the use of translational research to significantly speed findings to better identify and treat the root causes of brain abnormalities.
- To set new standands in clinical care and perform inportant trials in UCSF's Neuro-Intensive Care Nursery.
- To better understand human brain development and stem cell biology through a focused effort informed by lab-based and clinical research and to create a brain tissue bank at UCSF, a vital resource to researchers.
- To definitively establish the efficiency of new therapies through long-term follow-up and support of children and their families.
“We must build sustained funding for this vital program so we can eliminate neurological infant brain problems and save those babies yet to be born from lifelong medical conditions” Donna Ferriero, MD, Professor of Neurology, Co-Director of NBRI
Three Ways to Help
- Join Advocacy List to promote research in Newborn Brain Injury
- Make a donation to Neonatal Brain Research Institute (NBRI) by contacting UCSF Development Office at 415-476-4644.
- Make a donation to the Division of Neonatology
- Use the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital donation page (indicate NBRI in the additional instructions box)
- Call toll free 877-499-UCSF (8273) and speak with a UCSF representative
- Mail a check payable to the UCSF Foundation/ SOM Pediatric Neonatology (indicate NBRI on the check)
- Send checks to:
University of California San Francisco Box 0248
San Francisco, California 94143-0248