Eligibility and Guidelines
Students who are working on an approved research project with a faculty member in the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine are eligible to apply. Priority for funding will be given to postdoctoral fellows and postgraduate trainees who are completing traineeships within the division. Individuals who are not formal division trainees will be evaluated in terms of their level of contact and participation in division activities.
- Awards are granted for one year. Funds not used for the purposes described in the application will be returned to the fund at the end of the grant period.
- Most awards will be about $250 with a maximum of $1,000 per individual per year.
- Applicants can apply for funds from one or all funds. However, the maximum total award amount remains $1,000.
- Funds are available to support the conduct of approved research projects. Funds can also be used to prepare presentations and manuscripts for publication. Funds cannot be used to purchase computers or for salary support for the principal investigator.
- Individuals who receive awards must agree to present the findings of their research at a research seminar or other division events and must cite the source of funding in all published materials. Individuals also must agree to submit, at the completion of the research project, a final abstract that includes a description of the study results (or results of where the research was presented/published).