The Brain Recovery Education Initiative (BREd) Clinic and Outpatient TBI Care | Grand Rounds Oakland
Presented by: Bethany Johnson-Kerner, MD, PhD
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals
1. Identify appropriate treatments for physical symptoms after TBI.
2. Describe important modifiers of patient outcomes after TBI.
3. Explain the impact of patient SES, race, zip code on TBI outcomes.
4. Explain how unconscious bias alters helping behavior of medical professions for patients with “blame” vs “no-blame” injuries.
5. Use local community resources for cognitive rehabilitation.
Contact [email protected] for log-in information