Valerie Gribben, MD
2019 - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion Training, University of California
Pediatric Chief Residency, 2016 - , Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
Pediatric Residency, 2015 - Scholarly Concentration: Medical Education, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
MD, - Medicine, University of Alabama School of Medicine (UASOM)
B.A., Summa Cum Laude and English Department Honors, - English Major, Chemistry Minor, University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Early Medical School Acceptance Program (EMSAP)
Honors and Awards
- Academy of Medical Educators’ Excellence in Teaching Award, University of California San Francisco, 2019
- First Prize, Physician Writing Contest, Medical Economics, 2018
- Distinguished Service Clinical Teacher of the Year Award, Washington University in Saint Louis School of Medicine, 2017
- Letter of Teaching Distinction, Stanford University School of Medicine, 2016
- Nominee, Humanism in Medicine Award, Washington University in Saint Louis, 2016
- Certificate of Excellence, Quality Improvement & Patient Safety Symposium, Stanford Healthcare, 2015
- Honor Roll for Teaching, Stanford University School of Medicine, 2015
- Carole Stinson Literacy Grants, The Carole Stinson Literacy Foundation, 2014-2016
- Juror's Choice Award, UASOM Art Show, University of Alabama School of Medicine, 2012
- Medical Alumni Community Service Award, University of Alabama School of Medicine, 2012
- E-cigarette disparities: Who are the targets?
- Quality Improvement Approach to Increase Inpatient Pediatric Secondhand Smoke Exposure Screening.
- Health Disparities in Tobacco Use and Exposure: A Structural Competency Approach.
- Pediatric Collections Vaping: Effects and Solutions
- Visual Diagnosis: An Infant with Ulcerative Lesions of the Posterior Oropharynx.
- Practical Implications of the US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations on Adolescents and Tobacco.
- "Growing Hope in a Good Enough Garden"
- Tobacco Use as a Health Disparity: What Can Pediatric Clinicians Do?
- "The One Question to Get to the Heart of a Patient’s True Concern"
- The Golden Ticket Project for peer recognition.
- Teaching Residents Clinical Practice Guidelines Using a Flipped Classroom Model.
- A Flipped Classroom Model: Teaching Interns Clinical Guidelines.
- Improving Attendance Recording: Electronic Badging Versus Traditional Sign in Sheet.
- "Take Two Photos and Call Me in the Morning"
- "Practicing Medicine Can Be Grimm Work"
- The Fairytale Trilogy: Fairytale, The Emperor's Realm, and the Three Crowns