Paul Brakeman, MD, PhD
M.D., 1997 - School of Medicine, John Hopkins University
Residency, - School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
Honors and Awards
- Top Doctor, Marin Magazine, 2019
- Top Doctor, San Francisco Magazine, 2019
- Designated Nephrotic Syndrome Expert, Nephcure Kidney International, 2018
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Haile T. Debas Academy of Medical Educators, 2016
- COVID-19 in pediatric kidney transplantation: a follow-up report of the Improving Renal Outcomes Collaborative.
- Conversion to permanent vascular access is associated with improved markers of hemodialysis efficacy in children: Pediatric nephrology research consortium study.
- Association of Plasma Uremic Solute Levels with Residual Kidney Function in Children on Peritoneal Dialysis.
- COVID-19 in pediatric kidney transplantation: The Improving Renal Outcomes Collaborative.
- Plasma pseudouridine levels reflect body size in children on hemodialysis.
- Predictors of time to first cannulation for arteriovenous fistula in pediatric hemodialysis patients: Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium study.
- Simple Rules Determine Distinct Patterns of Branching Morphogenesis.
- Correction to: Predictors of patency for arteriovenous fistulae and grafts in pediatric hemodialysis patients.
- Application of physiological shear stress to renal tubular epithelial cells.
- Positive Cumulative Fluid Balance Is Associated With Mortality in Pediatric Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in the Setting of Acute Kidney Injury.
- Apical Shear Stress Enhanced Organic Cation Transport in Human OCT2/MATE1-Transfected Madin-Darby Canine Kidney Cells Involves Ciliary Sensing.
- Outcome of participants with nephrotic syndrome in combined clinical trials of lupus nephritis.
- Predictors of patency for arteriovenous fistulae and grafts in pediatric hemodialysis patients.
- Peripheral Blood B Cell Depletion after Rituximab and Complete Response in Lupus Nephritis.
- Renal function outcomes in pediatric patients with symptomatic reflux into the transplanted kidney treated with redo ureteroneocystostomy.
- Afadin orients cell division to position the tubule lumen in developing renal tubules.
- Laser acupuncture reduces pain in pediatric kidney biopsies: a randomized controlled trial.
- A modular microfluidic bioreactor with improved throughput for evaluation of polarized renal epithelial cells.
- Preliminary Diffusive Clearance of Silicon Nanopore Membranes in a Parallel Plate Configuration for Renal Replacement Therapy.
- Host cell polarity proteins participate in innate immunity to Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection.
- Acute changes in blood pressure in patients with neuroblastoma treated with ¹³¹I-metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG).
- De novo lumen formation and elongation in the developing nephron: a central role for afadin in apical polarity.
- Synaptotagmin-like proteins control the formation of a single apical membrane domain in epithelial cells.
- Preso1 dynamically regulates group I metabotropic glutamate receptors.
- p120 catenin is required for normal renal tubulogenesis and glomerulogenesis.
- Nectin proteins are expressed at early stages of nephrogenesis and play a role in renal epithelial cell morphogenesis.
- Involvement of RhoA, ROCK I and myosin II in inverted orientation of epithelial polarity.
- Renal repair and recovery.
- Transient hyperglycemia affects the extent of ischemia-reperfusion-induced renal injury in rats.
- Being overweight modifies the association between cardiovascular risk factors and microalbuminuria in adolescents.
- Vesicoureteral reflux, reflux nephropathy, and end-stage renal disease.
- Rac1 is required for reorientation of polarity and lumen formation through a PI 3-kinase-dependent pathway.
- Polarity proteins PAR6 and aPKC regulate cell death through GSK-3beta in 3D epithelial morphogenesis.
- Formation of multicellular epithelial structures.
- The scaffold protein, Homer1b/c, regulates axon pathfinding in the central nervous system in vivo.
- Coupling of mGluR/Homer and PSD-95 complexes by the Shank family of postsynaptic density proteins.
- Homer: a protein that selectively binds metabotropic glutamate receptors.
- MR-based correction of brain PET measurements for heterogeneous gray matter radioactivity distribution.
- Magnetohydrodynamics of blood flow.